- Ronald R. Roberts of Whitney was appointed to the HILCO Electric Cooperative, Inc. Board of Directors in September, 2007. He replaces K. W. McPherson of Blum who retired from the board after 12 years of loyal service to the members of the cooperative. Since Ron has become a director; he has completed the Credentialed Cooperative Director Program and the Board Leadership Program.
- Ron has been in the residential construction industry most of his adult life. He is a self-employed home builder who has built and remodeled homes in and around Hill County since 1992. He is a member of the local Chamber of Commerce, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB).
- Ron devotes an extensive amount of time serving on a number of boards and committees throughout the local area to include the City Planning and Zoning board, a local Water COOP board, a local POA board and the White Bluff Chapel board among others.
- He served in the U.S. Marine Corps in the early 80's and has since stayed connected by becoming a member of the local American Legion and the Wounded Warrior Program.
- He and his wife, Carla, have three children and six grandchildren.
- Ron prides himself in being honest and sincere. He says, “The most important rule of life is simply ‘The Golden Rule.’ I feel that character and having a good attitude are the foundation on which to build ones life.” He added, “‘Character is doing the right thing when nobody is looking’.”