Under the supervision of the General Manager/CEO, assist with reading water meters and well sites, assist with water leaks and other water related duties as needed and perform custodial duties as needed. Additional duties assisting with the cleaning, setting up & maintenance of the HILCO Civic & Event Center as needed.
1. Perform monthly water meter reading and well site readings.
2. Assist with water leak repairs and other water related duties.
3. Meet with prospective and existing water consumers in the field.
4. Assist with performing basic custodial duties as needed.
5. Assist with mowing, edging, picking up trash and refuse on facility grounds.
6. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and carry that weight 100 yards on a regular, recurring basis.
7. Must be able to climb stairs, stoop, bend, and crouch as required.
8. Must be willing and able to clean and maintain grounds in satellite offices and main building.
9. Assist with cleaning, setting up & maintenance of HILCO Civic & Event Center.
Vacuum, buffer, gasoline powered lawn mower, weed eater, lawn edger, grinder, drill, saw, forklift, organizational vehicle.
As necessary to perform assigned job, in an emergency situation, or as necessary for the conduct of training, will be required to enter member/customer’s property.
• Knowledge of safe use of chemical cleaning materials (flammable/non-flammable).
• Knowledge of safe operation of electrical and gas powered lawn maintenance equipment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a culturally diverse population.
• Good math skills.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis.
• Ability to operate organizational vehicles in accordance with all applicable traffic laws.
• Ability to travel intra/inter-state as necessary for the conduct of training.
• Ability to move about and within a multi-level office building.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Two years of water experience preferred.
• Valid Texas Driver’s license or the ability to obtain license prior to first day of employment required. Must have the ability to obtain Commercial Drivers License (CDL) endorsement and maintain it. Must be eligible to be and remain insured as a driver by the Cooperative’s group liability policy for the automotive fleet.
• All required certifications or licenses must be submitted to the Human Resources Department fifteen work days prior to expiration.
This job description is intended to identify the essential functions of a position and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. The incumbent(s) may be required to perform or assume additional job-related responsibilities other than those stated in this description.