With minimal supervision, conduct radio/telephone dispatch operations for an electric cooperative and its subsidiaries and other managed companies in a professional manner. Coordinate both routine and non-routine power line maintenance activities to meet the needs of member-consumers. Conduct after-hours bill collection activities via the telephone and written correspondence. Provide after-hours routine support in general administrative areas such as data entry and filing.
1. Receive and process calls for assistance from member-consumers and/or retail customers.
2. Process requests for information.
3. Coordinate the assignment of maintenance teams for power outage situations.
4. Coordinate the re-connection of service for members in a terminated status.
5. Conduct routine telephonic and written collection activities on delinquent accounts.
6. Data enter service orders; file completed administrative material.
7. Prepare mail list, letters, and envelopes for Co-op Connection Discount Cards, new member information, and surveys to members and mailing out those documents.
8. Monitor the AMR system including disconnected account status daily.
9. Run the Zero kWh report nightly and make a service order to verify location secure.
10. Update account information with address changes and keep current with postal requirements.
11. Assist all departments with miscellaneous tasks.
12. Provide wake up calls to members who are without power.
13. Process AMR outage reports to verify member power restoration.
14. Assist with re-issuance of capital credit checks.
15. Send Letters of Credit to utility companies and to members and maintain file of Letters of Credit sent.
16. Maintain and enter all membership and deposit records.
17. Resolve questions regarding delinquent accounts for the cooperative, subsidiary, and all managed water companies.
18. Process all member/customer service calls for the cooperative, subsidiary, and all managed water companies.
19. Update various reports as needed including membership records and reports run on the TWACS server.
20. Monitor security cameras.
Radio communications system, computer (LAN/WAN), organizational vehicle, and multi-line telephone system, fax, credit card machine, shredder, printers, photocopiers, TV/VCR, calculator/adding machine, security cameras.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES
• Key control.
• Access control to sensitive areas and information.
• As necessary to perform assigned job, in an emergency situation, or as necessary for the conduct of training, will be required to enter member/customer’s property.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• One years' experience in a 24-hour dispatch center preferred.
• General familiarity with data processing techniques.
• Ability to conduct general mathematical analysis.
• Ability to organize work effectively, prepare and file correspondence in accordance with set policies and procedures.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively in crisis situations.
• Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply correct FCC radio/telephone procedures.
• Ability to work varying shifts and in an on-call status.
• Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, both orally and in writing, with a diverse group of people and personalities; requires high degree of interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively with professional, political and community-based entities.
• Ability to work individually or in teams made up from diverse organizations within and external to the organization.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to travel intra/inter-state as necessary for the conduct of training.
• Ability to lift and carry computer-generated reports weighing up to 30 pounds.
• Ability to move about and within a multi-level office building.
• Ability to operate an organizational vehicle in accordance with all applicable traffic laws.
REQUIRED EDUCATION DEGREES, CERTIFICATES, AND/OR LICENSES
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Bi-lingual capability preferred.
• Valid Texas Driver's license or ability to obtain license prior to first day of employment required. Must be eligible to be and remain insured as a driver by the Cooperative’s group liability policy for the automotive fleet.
• All required certifications or licenses must be submitted to the Human Resources Department fifteen work days prior to expiration.
This job description is intended to identify the essential functions of a position and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. The incumbent(s) may be required to perform or assume additional job-related responsibilities other than those stated in this description.