Under minimal supervision, coordinate scheduling appointments and visits to the Civic Center, coordinate event setup, and provides marketing materials and research. Receives and accounts for funds for rental payments and provides monthly financial reporting, as needed.
1. Coordinate appointments and visits to the Civic Center and scheduling of events.
2. Assist in maintaining a calendar of scheduled events.
3. Coordinate details of events.
4. Assist in coordinating event setup and cleanup.
5. Maintain strong relationships with vendors.
6. Assist in providing monthly rental reporting information.
7. Assist in maintaining the records for the Civic Center.
8. Provides marketing materials and research.
9. Attend institutes, lectures, seminars, workshops, displays, exhibits, etc., to keep inform on marketing and event planning methods.
10. Must conduct self in a professional manner both in actions and appearance.
11. Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes after normal business hours and weekends.
12. Assist with the coordinating of the annual employee picnic, annual Christmas Party and other activities as needed.
Computer, printers, photocopier, organizational vehicle, fax, telephone, shredder, cash register system, sound and video aid, cell phone, and 10 key calculator.
• Serve as a representative of the Cooperative at official meetings and/or training events.
• Serve as a back-up for the Member Service Representative – Water.
• As necessary to perform assigned job, in an emergency situation, or as necessary for the conduct of training, will be required to enter member/customer’s property.
• Two years experience in marketing or event planning work, including on the job training at HILCO, preferred.
• Ability to accept change.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and other software applications.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data.
• Knowledge of computer related equipment.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to perform essential functions that require frequent, prolonged viewing and use of computer monitor, keyboard and mouse for extended periods.
• Ability to perform essential functions within a multi-level office building.
• Ability to move, store or retrieve files, documents or other materials in a computer system.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to travel within region using company automobile.
• Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to travel intra/inter-state as necessary for the conduct of training.
• Ability to operate commonly used office equipment.
• Excellent math skills.
• High School diploma or equivalent and two years’ experience in marketing or event planning work, including on the job training at HILCO preferred, or Associates Degree and one year of marketing or event planning experience preferred.
• Valid Texas Drivers’ license or ability to obtain a license prior to first day of employment required. Must be eligible to be and remain insured as a driver by the Cooperative’s group liability policy for the automotive fleet.
• All required certifications or licenses must be submitted to the Human Resources Department fifteen work days prior to expiration.
This job description is intended to identify the essential functions of a position and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. The incumbent(s) may be required to perform or assume additional job-related responsibilities other than those stated in this description.