Under supervision assist with providing general organizational maintenance on all Cooperative and its subsidiary vehicles and equipment. For vehicles requiring specialized services, assist with coordinating the service schedule, deliver and return vehicles to assigned operators. Conduct emergency repair services, as required, at any time.
1. Assist with conducting maintenance training needs assessments.
2. Assist with analyzing organizational operational equipment capabilities in support of new and existing activities.
3. Assist with conducting the organizational equipment maintenance program.
4. Assist with maintaining the vehicles/equipment parts inventory.
5. Test drive all organizational vehicles after non-routine service.
6. Prepare vehicles and equipment for extreme weather operations.
7. Provide onsite repair of organizational vehicles and equipment to include tune-ups, brake replacement, oil changes, tire repair, miscellaneous part replacement, vehicle washing, replace struts/shocks, bearings, etc.
8. Lift 100 pounds and carry weight for a minimum of 20 feet.
9. Maintain current licensing for all vehicles and equipment.
10. Ensure all vehicles and equipment are operational according to state/federal regulations.
11. Must be able to walk over uneven, steep, and difficult terrain for distances of over one mile on a regular basis.
12. Must be able to travel intra/interstate in support of HILCO emergency/disaster restoration crews.
Operate organizational vehicles (including heavy commercial vehicles), pneumatic, hydraulic, and electric maintenance tools and equipment, radio, telephone, fax, forklift, off-road equipment, personal computer
• Serve as an operations maintenance trainer
• As necessary to perform assigned job, in an emergency situation, or as necessary for the conduct of training, will be required to enter member/customer’s property.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply OSHA and DOT procedures and guidelines relating to the administration and management of vehicle repair systems and facilities.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and conduct statistical analysis.
• Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, both orally and in writing, with a diverse group of people and personalities; requires a high degree of interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively with Cooperative employees to identify needs, solve problems, resolve issues.
• Ability to work independently, under minimal supervision, and to work in teams.
• Ability to work under strict deadlines.
• Ability to work in inclimate weather, on hazardous/uneven terrain, and on call/overtime situations.
• Ability to work on rotating shift basis, including weekends.
• Ability to develop options by which work can be accomplished.
• Ability to investigate or conduct research to identify and discover information.
• Ability to travel within region using own automobile or organizational vehicle in accordance with all applicable traffic laws.
• Ability to travel intra/inter-state as necessary for the conduct of training or in emergency/disaster restoration situations.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to quickly and accurately interpret and process large amounts of regulatory and contractual information and numeric data.
• Ability to move about and within a multi-level office building.
• High School diploma or equivalent required. Advanced maintenance certification from an accredited academic program preferred.
• Two years experience in working with the gas, diesel, and/or pneumatic/hydraulic and electrical systems, preferably in a Cooperative environment, preferred.
• Valid Texas Driver's license w/CDL endorsement or ability to obtain license prior to first day of employment required. Must be eligible to be and remain insured as a driver by the Cooperative’s group liability policy for the automotive fleet.
• Must be able to obtain security clearance as needed to access governmental facilities.
• All required certifications or licenses must be submitted to the Human Resources Department fifteen work days prior to expiration.
This job description is intended to identify the essential functions of a position and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. The incumbent(s) may be required to perform or assume additional job-related responsibilities other than those stated in this description.