- HILCO Electric Cooperative President Bill Allen announced the appointment of Janet (Jan) L. Smith to the HILCO Board of Directors. She will fill the District 7 seat left vacant by her husband, David A. Smith, who lost his courageous battle with cancer in 2009.
- Ms. Smith hails from Columbus , Ohio where she grew up with two sisters and four brothers. Jan moved to Fort Worth in 1978 where she and her late husband, Dave, raised three children.
- Jan received a nursing degree from the Bethesda Hospital School of Nursing in Cincinnati , Ohio . She spent her professional life as a Registered Nurse in her chosen field of surgical nursing. Though she has retired from nursing, she has continued an active career in the medical field by producing medical transcription from her home.
- Ms. Smith loves gardening, music, visiting with friends, cooking and spending time with her family and friends.
- Jan and Dave moved to Hubbard in 2003 to enjoy a simpler life and became members of HILCO Electric Cooperative at that time. She says her objective as District 7 Board Director is to serve the members of the Cooperative with the same integrity and commitment as her husband did during his tenure on the Board.