Board of Directors
President | District 4
- Joseph D. (Joe) Tedesco has represented HILCO members in District 4 since 2008. Tedesco is an enthusiastic member of the HILCO Board of Directors and works diligently for the members in his district and cooperative employees. He has been a HILCO member since 2002.
- He is currently serving as the Area 3 Representative on the Board of Directors for Rural Friends/ACRE, a nonpartisan political action committee representing the interests of 65 electric Cooperatives and 11 Generation and Transmission...
Vice President | District 5
- Bill has been the District 5 HILCO representative since June 2004. He has served in various capacities in and around his community, having been a school board trustee for the Whitney I.S.D. along with being a current member of the Advisory Committee for the White Bluff Property Owners Association and currently being a member of the Protective Services Committee and a volunteer of the WB volunteer fire department. He also serves on the Board of San Miguel Electric Cooperative, a power supplier for HILCO.
Secretary Treasurer | District 7
- Jan Smith has served the HILCO members of District 7 since 2009 and currently serves as the Secretary/Treasurer of the HILCO Board of Directors. She has been a HILCO member since 2003.
- Since coming to the board in 2009, Ms. Smith has earned her National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) Credentialed Director Certification in 2010, the Board Leadership Certification in 2015, and the NRECA Director Gold Achievement in 2016.
- Jan received a nursing degree from the Bethesda Hospital...
Board Member | District 1
- Leroy O. Huff of Midlothian was elected to the HILCO Electric Cooperative, Inc. Board of Directors on September 20,2011.
- Leroy has been building custom homes since 1975 in and around North Dallas. He now has been building in Ellis County for 8 Years.
- He and his wife Nancy married in 1962 and have 3 children and 11 grandchildren and have lived in Midlothian since 2004.
- He is a member of the National Association of Home builders and Cool Cars Classic car club of Waxahachie.
- He and Nancy enjoy their time with their car club friends and look forward to...
Board Member | District 2
- Ms. Hill has represented District 2 on the HILCO Board of Directors since 1995. Born in Waxahachie, she has been a resident of Ellis County for 40 years and a HILCO member since 1973. She has recently retired after 29.5 years serving the public in the Customer Service Department of a large communications company.
- She earned her National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) Credentialed Director Certification in 1998 and Board Leadership Certification in 1999. Ms. Hill spends several hours every...
Board Member | District 3
- Ronald R. Roberts of Whitney was appointed to the HILCO Electric Cooperative, Inc. Board of Directors in September, 2007. He replaces K. W. McPherson of Blum who retired from the board after 12 years of loyal service to the members of the cooperative. Since Ron has become a director; he has completed the Credentialed Cooperative Director Program and the Board Leadership Program.
- Ron has been in the residential construction industry most of his adult life. He is a self-employed home builder who has...
Board Member | District 6
- Served in the U. S. Air Force, ‘51-’55
- B.S. in Engineering Physics 1958
- “Research Engineer,” Sperry Microwave ‘58-’60
- R&D dept. Texas Instruments Inc. ‘60-’63
- “Research Scientist” UTD, 1966
- “President” Electro/data Inc., ‘66-’71
- “President” Chronex Watch Corporation, ‘71-’76
- “Vice President” Electric Motor Cars Inc. ‘79-’86
- Published 25 technical papers and many patents.”