Board of Directors
President | District 4
- Joseph D. (Joe) Tedesco has represented HILCO members in District 4 since 2008. Tedesco is an enthusiastic member of the HILCO Board of Directors and works diligently for the members in his district and cooperative employees. He has been a HILCO member since 2002.
- He is currently serving as the Area 3 Representative on the Board of Directors for Rural Friends/ACRE, a nonpartisan political action committee representing the interests of 65 electric Cooperatives and 11 Generation and Transmission...
Vice President | District 5
- Bill has been the District 5 HILCO representative since June 2004. He has served in various capacities in and around his community, having been a school board trustee for the Whitney I.S.D. along with being a current member of the Advisory Committee for the White Bluff Property Owners Association and currently being a member of the Protective Services Committee and a volunteer of the WB volunteer fire department. He also serves on the Board of San Miguel Electric Cooperative, a power supplier for HILCO.
Secretary Treasurer | District 7
- HILCO Electric Cooperative President Bill Allen announced the appointment of Janet (Jan) L. Smith to the HILCO Board of Directors. She will fill the District 7 seat left vacant by her husband, David A. Smith, who lost his courageous battle with cancer in 2009.
- Ms. Smith hails from Columbus , Ohio where she grew up with two sisters and four brothers. Jan moved to Fort Worth in 1978 where she and her late husband, Dave, raised three children.
- Jan received a nursing degree from the...
Board Member | District 1
- Leroy O. Huff of Midlothian was elected to the HILCO Electric Cooperative, Inc. Board of Directors on September 20,2011.
- Leroy has been building custom homes since 1975 in and around North Dallas. He now has been building in Ellis County for 8 Years.
- He and his wife Nancy married in 1962 and have 3 children and 11 grandchildren and have lived in Midlothian since 2004.
- He is a member of the National Association of Home builders and Cool Cars Classic car club of...
Board Member | District 2
- Ms. Hill has represented District 2 on the HILCO Board of Directors since 1995. Born in Waxahachie, she has been a resident of Ellis County for 40 years and a HILCO member since 1973. She has recently retired after 29.5 years serving the public in the Customer Service Department of a large communications company.
- She earned her National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) Credentialed Director Certification in 1998 and Board Leadership Certification in 1999. Ms. Hill spends several hours every...
Board Member | District 3
- Ronald R. Roberts of Whitney was appointed to the HILCO Electric Cooperative, Inc. Board of Directors in September, 2007. He replaces K. W. McPherson of Blum who retired from the board after 12 years of loyal service to the members of the cooperative. Since Ron has become a director; he has completed the Credentialed Cooperative Director Program and the Board Leadership Program.
- Ron has been in the residential construction industry most of his adult life. He is a self-employed home builder who has...
Board Member | District 6
- Served in the U. S. Air Force, ‘51-’55
- B.S. in Engineering Physics 1958
- “Research Engineer,” Sperry Microwave ‘58-’60
- R&D dept. Texas Instruments Inc. ‘60-’63
- “Research Scientist” UTD, 1966
- “President” Electro/data Inc., ‘66-’71
- “President” Chronex Watch Corporation, ‘71-’76
- “Vice President” Electric Motor Cars Inc. ‘79-’86
- Published 25 technical papers and many patents.”